Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The trouble with August



Being that I totally adore summer and I wish it would last another 3 months, I start getting a little anxious when August comes around. On one hand I love this month because of the warm summer nights, complete with chirping crickets and the fact that I now have tomatoes ripening on the vine. On the other hand it is the month that signals the impending cease of my favorite season, which is made apparent by the many back to school ads , along with the fading of some of my favorite summer perennial flowers.
So now I am looking ahead to the Fall, which is a perfectly lovely Season, and I love the transformation that is brought about by all of the colors, it's like walking around in a painting that is continually changing each day, bellisima! With this upcoming season I am also gearing up for the Holidays and am beginning to make a stash of jewelry, so that I will be prepared for the gift giving season. It seems a bit strange to think about all of this now while it's 90 degrees, but think about it I must, since a good part of my income now comes from art and jewelry.
So, here's to Summer and all of it's wonderfulness, cherries, berries, swimming & sunning, as always I never like to see it end, but am happy to know it will come around again.

No comments:

Giveaway! Green Cameo Necklace

Check out this giveaway! For this lovely Green Cameo Necklace!   http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com/2012/10/botanical-bird-giveaway-sag...